January 15, 2013

[Oricon Ranking] Yamada Ryosuke’s Debut Single “Mystery Virgin” Tops Weekly Charts

Released on January 9th, Hey! Say! JUMP member, Yamada Ryosuke’s solo debut single “Mystery Virgin” has sold 189,000 copies on its first week, topping January 21st weekly sales chart. This is the first time after 32 years and 1 month, for a male teenage solo artist to top weekly sales charts since Kondo Masahiko’s “Sneaker Blues” (December 1980), at the time MATCHY was 16 years and 5 months old, Yamada has managed to place second, right after his big senior.

Yamada commented, “For me to be able to top charts with my first solo single, this makes me really happy. I’d like to express my sincere gratitude to all the fans”. This work was recorded as theme song of NTV’s drama “Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo”, commemorating their 60th anniversary and starred by Yamada.

Source: http://jenewsdaily.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment