December 26, 2012

Inagaki Goro will Play Akechi Mitsuhide in Tamamori Yuta’s Drama “Nobunaga no Chef”


On December 25th, it was revealed that SMAP member, Inagaki Goro has been casted in the role of Akechi Mitsuhide in a Friday night drama for TV Asahi “Nobunaga no Chef” which is schedule to premiere on January 11th. This drama is the first time his agency’s junior, Kis-My-Ft2 member, Tamamori Yuta will challenge a starring role in a period drama. “Akechi Mitsuhide is a fascinating person, I’m happy to be able to play this role in this particular drama”, Inagaki commented.

Akechi Mitsuhide was a samurai who lived during the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, a general under daimyo Oda Nobunaga, who became infamous for his betrayal in 1582.

Inagaki talked about his character, “People who embrace his image will see him as ‘the man who betrayed the Lord’ and as someone who doesn’t show any good side of him, for sure. This drama as a strong part of fantasy elements and the time traveling part. I think this will be a little different but still good version of Akechi Mitsuhide”.

Recently, they filmed their first scene together in Kyoto Toei Studio. Tamamori commented, “Once again, I’m entirely nervous… . He is a big senior…. . I, because I was so nervous my voice ended up one tone too high (laugh). Since I had the first line in the scene, I noticed immediately and thought ‘Ah, yabai!’”, his heart skipped a beat.

Inagaki talked about such young junior, who has previously worked in a drama before with Nakai Masahiro, also member of SMAP, “I am probably friendlier than Nakai-kun, right??”, Tamamori replied “No, Nakai-san is also very friendly!”, after which he put some more pressure, “So, I’m friendly, right?” then he behaved like a nice senior and said, “Work hard!”.

Source:  http://jenewsdaily.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment